Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mistletoe Dreams Card



Here is my take for November’s “Hang It All” theme for Splitcoast Stampers Fan Club Challenge.
I wanted to make a card featuring hanging mistletoe for my hubby to give him on Christmas Eve. Following Teresa Kline’s brilliant sketch, I layered papers from the Christmas Combo mat stack for the background. I die cut the music paper using Spellbinders Marvelous squares. I don’t have a mistletoe die, but I used the flowered swirl from Season’s Greetings #2 with a bit of cutting and added Liquid Pearls to make the mistletoe berries. I cut the tag from white cardstock & inked it using Tea Dye Distress Ink. I used a Winter Wonders stamp for the sentiment. I stamped the stitches across the top & bottom in Cotton White StazOn, but it wasn’t bright enough for the effect I was looking for, so I went over it with my white gel pen. A little gold twine to attach the tag and a double bow from seam binding finished it off.
Thank you for looking!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.
Have a great day!
-D